Apr 8, 2007

One weird bunny

It's Easter--and in honor of the day i thought I'd share with you one of the most disturbing images from your diarist's childhood:


For some reason I found this maniacal-looking rabbit a bit creepy...for me it was a bogey along the lines of that clown doll thing in "Poltergeist". And this was supposed to be a charming kid's record(my dim memories are of a generic rendition of "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" and a few weakly performed versions of songs from "Bambi")!

Looking at it now, I'm not sure why I thought it was pure evil, exactly--but I suspect a Kimball influence. Who else would design such a thing?

7 comments:

MrFun said...

You're right. That bunny sure looks twisted. Look at those eyes.

I say Ward Kimball, as well. Only Ward could take such glee in a pure evil bunny.

Julián höek said...

i've always loved that bunny

Kali Fontecchio said...

So cuuuuute!!!!!!!

SHANE PRIGMORE said...

That is so cool. And yeah F that clown from Poltergiest.

Lee-Roy said...

I think the design of the bunny's just kind of goofy and cute. It's the coloring that makes it strange.

Brian B said...

Yeah, There's something unsettling about the unusually dark, contrasting shading. The blue eyes, the green background, slanted text. And what the heck is a rabbit playing a piano anyway?

Lee-Roy said...

He' working out a melody for "Little Bunny Foo-Foo."

"...Pickin' up the field mice, and boppin' 'em on the head!"

(insert sinister bunny laugh here)